1. Cai Mao's Plot and Liu Bei's Departure
Liu Bei sat in his inn by candlelight until midnight, preparing for bed.
Suddenly, someone knocked on the door and entered. It was Yi Ji. Yi Ji had
learned that Cai Mao planned to assassinate Liu Bei and had rushed over to
report it. Yi Ji told Liu Bei about Cai Mao's plot and urged him to leave
immediately. Liu Bei said, "I haven't even bid farewell to Liu Biao yet,
how can I leave like this?" Yi Ji replied, "If you go to bid
farewell, Cai Mao will surely kill you!" Liu Bei thanked Yi Ji and quickly
ordered his men to mount their horses. Before dawn, they rode back to Xinye. By
the time Cai Mao arrived at the inn with his troops, Liu Bei was already far
away.
2. The False Poem and Liu Biao's Anger at Being Deceived
Cai Mao regretted not capturing Liu Bei sooner, so he wrote a poem on the
wall and went to see Liu Biao, saying, "Liu Bei intends to rebel; he wrote
a seditious poem on the wall and left without saying goodbye." Liu Biao
didn't believe him and went to the guesthouse himself. Sure enough, there were
four lines of poetry on the wall.
The poem's gist was: For years I've been trapped here, gazing at the
mountains and rivers before me. How can a dragon be something confined to a
pond? I will ride the thunder and lightning to the heavens! (Implying Liu Bei's
intention to leave Liu Biao and dominate the world)
Upon seeing the poem, Liu Biao flew into a rage, drew his sword, and said,
"I swear to kill this unrighteous man!" After taking a few steps, Liu
Biao suddenly came to his senses and said, "I've known Liu Bei for so
long, and I've never seen him write poetry. This must be a scheme by outsiders
to sow discord." So he returned to the guesthouse, used the tip of his
sword to scrape the poem off the wall, sheathed his sword, and mounted his
horse. Cai Mao asked for instructions, "The soldiers have assembled and can
go to Xinye to capture Liu Bei." Liu Biao said, "Don't act rashly.
Let's consider this carefully first."
043
When Liu Bei left Jingzhou, which was governed by Liu Biao, the general of Jingzhou, Cai Mao, wanted to kill Liu Bei but couldn't do it himself, so he deliberately forged a poem of betrayal written by Liu Bei on a wall. Liu Biao was initially angry upon reading the poem, but after careful consideration, he realized: Liu Bei had never written poetry; this must be a forgery.
沒有留言:
張貼留言